9/05/2007

Kindergarten Adventures




Yesterday was Kaylee's first day of kindergarten and she did better than I thought she would. Of course, getting her ready that morning was difficult. As we were headed to her room to get her dressed she announced, "Mom, I get to choose what I wear, not you, me!!!!" And she did get to choose with a little gentle persuasion from me. We go through this often, she seems to think I have bad taste and I think this will be a battle between us for a long time to come (I don't even like to think about when she is a teenager-yikes).
She was so excited for the bus and waited anxiously at the window for it, she wouldn't wait outside because she is petrified of wasps, anyone that has been around her lately can attest to that. She was all smiles once the bus got here and she was very well behaved on the bus, or so I hear. She was a little grumpy when I picked her up that day and I wanted to know why. She told me that a girl in her class pushed her and it made her sad. I proceeded to talk to her about what she should do when someone is not very nice when she finally said, "I was joking about someone pushing me, mom, I just don't know why I am grumpy, but I am." Okay? I may never understand the girl, but I love her to death!!

4 who goes there?:

Corinne said...

Ethan saw these pictures and was sad that he can't ride the bus.

JULENE said...

hahaha.....that is Kaylee totally. She is the funniest little girl. I am sure that school will be the greatest adventure of her and her parents life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watt Family said...

I would have loved to be on that bus ride!

Anonymous said...

love to get her nakedin the back seat bet she is tight