3/31/2008

Gimme a Break

Last week we celebrated Spring Break. I say celebrated because we were all looking forward anxiously to a mini vacation. By the time we left our house last Sunday, we were all very celebratory (is that a word). We didn't go anywhere exotic, although Utah can seem a little like another world. We stayed with Collin's sister and her family and we got to see all our other family down in happy valley, which was a lot of fun. We did all sorts of fun things, as the pictures will tell, but most of all we enjoyed the weather (jacket weather). It was difficult to come home to our freezing cold house, yes our house was freezing cold. Collin, being the frugal junkie that he is, turned off the heat before we left...that was a lot of fun. The kids immediately wrapped up in blankets and jumped around trying to warm up. So, now we are home and back to our cold normal life. This morning we woke up to snow, if Spring doesn't get here soon I am going to go BERSERK!!!!!

Happy belated Easter!!! My kiddies looked really cute on Easter, but getting a good picture with all three is near impossible. Luckily I caught this one just as they were checking out a present that a neighborhood dog left on our lawn (I feel your pain Julie).

On the train at Hogle Zoo. Spencer absolutely loved this part because he LOVES trains.




This was at the end of our zoo adventure and Spence was totally freaked out sitting on that log.

After we crashed the zoo, we headed over to Temple Square because we've never taken our kids there before. It was fun but by the time we were done there we were spent, but not too spent to skip out on Horton Hears a Who that night. Wow, I am exhausted just writing about all we did that day.

Just thought I'd throw this on in because they look so cute and had so much fun playing dress up

This is the next day at the Dinosaur Museum. I told the kids to pretend to be dinosaurs. Apparently Kaylee and Spencer are meat eaters and Brad and Avery are plant eaters.

We watched a 3D movie and it was funny to watch Spencer because he kept trying to grab things.

Kaylee...I told her to look scared like she was going to get eaten...she cracks me up.


On our way home on Wednesday we stopped at the Discovery Gateway, it's a children's museum. We came here last year and had a lot of fun, but this year it wasn't as much fun because we'd done everything before and there were a lot of kids there this time. We probably won't do this one again.

The helicopter noise was too much for Spence. So, that was our mini vacation last week and this is what we woke up to this morning:



3 who goes there?:

Jocelyn said...

Loved the pictures! And I'm glad to hear I have a friend in the poop department. I'm always afraid that Brigham is going to find it while I'm not looking and put it in his mouth!
You look beautiful, as always, and Kaylee sort of reminds me of Melissa (Cook). Is that right or am I crazy?
Happy Happy vacation!

heather said...

Sounds like you guys had tons of fun. I can't wait to hang out with you guys in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully the snow is gone when we get there.

Corinne said...

If it makes you feel any better, we had several inches of snow on Sunday, too.