One thing about Brad...the boy puts his heart and soul into everything that he does. Another thing about Brad...he knows he's good and tends to be a little overconfident sometimes. Last week we were talking and he said, "We have our field day next week, Mrs. Merrick won't let me do the softball throw, I know I could win that, she's making me do the soccer ball throw. I'm also running the 60 yard dash and I bet I'll get 1st or 2nd." I kindly tried to explain to him that as long as he tries his best, it doesn't matter if he gets a ribbon or not...he just stared at me as if I was speaking a foreign language. So, yesterday he had his field day and after every event he did he had this look on his face that said, "Okay, that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be." But, luckily, he didn't get upset and when I talked to him he really was content knowing that he did his best (yes...progress). He was hilarious when he ran the 60 yard dash. Collin told him to just run as fast as he could straight ahead and not look around to see where everyone else was. He didn't follow Collin's advice, he was looking all over the place and therefore zigzagging through all the lanes. It was funny. He ended up with a 4th place ribbon in the soccer ball throw, a 2nd place ribbon for the 800 relay, and a 2nd place ribbon in the 60 yard dash. He did a great job...and he knows it!!!!
5/30/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 who goes there?:
Way to go Brad. I had the same problem with my oldest son Chase he is very athletic and good at everything he does. Whenever he would strike out he would get mad and he didn't strike out very often. His uncles had a talk with him and explained to him that even the pros strike out but you don't see them pouting everytime. That talk has changed him. It also helped a lot that his team is in last place.
Hi!
This is kinda fun....I am Tagging you! Go to my blog to see what you need to do! thanks!
Post a Comment