I really use this as an excuse so I can spend my time how I want to instead of how I should. All the laundry, housekeeping, personal care (just kidding) got put on hold this weekend so that I could make this:
I got the idea from my friend Christa who made this:
When Collin got home on Saturday night the first words to come out of his mouth were "holy crap." I had transformed our living room into my sewing room and there was stuff pretty much everywhere. There was nowhere to sit or really walk. It was a disaster. Unfortunately, I did not finish the bag on Saturday so a majority of the mess stayed in my "sewing" room until Tuesday when I did finally finish the bag and actually did a few more little projects. I recently won a book from this blog:
http://www.sherellechristensen.typepad.com/

Sherelle is one of those amazing ladies that does everything well and I look at her blog often because I think she is pretty cool even though I usually end up feeling sub-par because of it. She recently did a give-away and I actually won, which never happens to me. I LOVE the book and copied this idea for some of my pregnant friends:

This is what I managed to make:


Pretty cute, eh, good thing other people are creative so that I can take advantage of their talent.

13 who goes there?:
Alysia! You're adorable! I love the stuff you made! It's all so very, very cute! You make a sista' proud.
Lys, those are really cute onesie/burpie combos! Love them!
I have heard those exact words leave Stanton's mouth for the exact same reason.
Yes, nesting. Another great pregnancy invention.....
I would like a lesson on those onsies. They are so cute. Maybe a bag lesson too!
Lets schedule a date!
love your diaper bag! i can't wait to see it in person! alysia- you are very crafty, you have no need to worry! looks like a great book too!
Really. . .your bag is BEYOND. I LLL the fabric, your sewing abilities are pretty impressive. You go sista friend. I'm very proud of you, now check that one off your list!! Love ya.
Way to go!! Those are all super cute!!
Wow! You are so super talented! I am so in love with the bag & the onsies & burp clothes! I have made the burp clothes before, but only with ribbon & the star & flower are a way cute addition!!! I too love crafty people....who would we copy without them around!?! Great job & a very successful weekend for you!!!
Hi Alysia Cook! I found your blog on Christina William's blog. I love the "projects" you have been working on. And congratulations on your baby! I hope you guys are well. I drive by our "grey house" to make sure she is still there and I remember the great memories of the 2nd ward. Wow, your kids have grown!!! My blog is aarontracytrenkle.blogspot.com. I would love to hear from you!!! Love ya!
Good work. Very cute stuff. I'm so glad you won the book. I'm always entering giveaways on designmom.com, but I've yet to win.
ALysia! How are you feeling? You're getting a little closer! I love your nesting projects - how in the world you find time to "nest" like that is beyond me. I thought I was going to be in Blackfoot for a while, and planned to see you, but it didn't last long enough. I'll just have to see you through the internet. Good thing some smart guy invented that, huh?
I want to see all that stuff in person--I think I've looked at this post like 5 times because everything is so cute!
I was not kissing up...too much...jk. Chris thought the same thing about that post actually but I have justifications. One, I will always post my family's b-day. Two, I thought it was nice since we didn't talk to her that day. Okay, now I sound lame, but I love ya and can't wait to see you guys.
I know you posted this forever ago but I just found your blog via Christa's blog. All of that stuff you made is so cute!! I so want patterns!!
Post a Comment