9/11/2008


Okay, so the kids started school two weeks ago and it has taken me this long to finally post about it. It was a GLORIOUS day!!! After weeks of being at each others' throat, Brad and Kaylee were finally able to let out their energy in other ways. They were both super excited, only about different things. Brad was excited to get to play buttball again. In fact, that morning at breakfast he informed us that we were not to touch his right hand because it would "upset the buttball gods" (yes we discussed the use of the word "gods"). Kaylee was excited to wear her new pink dress that she picked out all by herself. She would wear that dress every day if she could. I didn't take them to school this year because I tend to baby them, so Collin took them to school. I told him before they left to make sure that Kaylee got to her classroom all right and that she was comfortable, it being her first year and all. So, they left and he returned about 3 minutes later. I (annoyed) asked him if he made sure Kaylee made it to class safely, he (nonchalantly) told me that Brad did it. Okay, clearly he doesn't remember how scary the first day of school can be, or am I just too nervous...who knows. Nevertheless, they both had a great day and now life can finally return to normal. Normal being that I only have to listen to them fight for half of the day...where's the ibuprofen...seriously.
Spencer started preschool the same day that the older kids started school. I actually struggled with this, it really surprised me, but after returning home with only one child and realizing that my Spencer is growing up way too fast, I cried a little. I didn't even shed a tear when the older two left that morning, but I think it was just difficult at that moment to accept that they grow up so fast. Spencer absolutely LOVED preschool. His best bud Asher is in his class and a couple of other kids he knows are in there and that helped a lot. He felt right at home and every day since then he has asked me if he has "hehool" that day.

4 who goes there?:

christa said...

Seriously Collin. . ."Brad did it" YOU MAKE ME CRAZY!!! Lyse, you deserve a medal, were our husbands cut from the same damn cloth. arggggg.

So, I need you to come camp in front of the computer and give me SERIOUS DIGI HELP! You rock, love the layouts, love the "first grade" on the photo.

JULENE said...

Hey Brad, Kay & Spencee..good luck in school this year. Even if you are a few weeks late Lyse it is better late than never. I love it!!!

Angie said...

Hey Alysia! Pretty darn cute kids! And don't worry...we go through plenty of ibuprofen on our end too. SO GLAD school is back in! It's nice to finally have the chance to get back some of the sanity lost over the summer. Enjoy those few precious moments alone with your sweet baby!

Highlights said...

sorry I'm a little slow...that was a great post! I would have killed Collin too and called the school. I'm glad it all worked out and that they had a good day!