8/21/2008

It's unanimous, we really like this kid!!!








My favorite things about Ty...

*His cute little noises. I love his gargles, grunts, and coos, and I especially love it when he hums when he is relaxed. Sometimes he snores cutely when he is sleeping, when he is wide-eyed he is very cute talking in his adorable baby way, he even has a distinct cry...we call him Tyler the Pterodactyl because it seriously sounds like a dinosaur screeching (we only like this one in moderation, however).

*When he falls asleep in my arms. They say you can't spoil a newborn, but this guy is totally spoiled, I would hold him all day long if I could. I think it is because I now realize how quickly these precious babies grow up and suddenly don't want to be held anymore. I especially love it when he falls asleep laying on my chest, it's in my top 5 favorite things ever.

*When his bottom lip quivers. I don't know why babies do this but I think it is the cutest thing. It makes me giggle every time it happens.

*That new baby smell. Seriously, it is the sweetest smell in the wide world. And, isn't it funny that I can wear the same lotion or put the same lotion on my older kids and it just doesn't smell the same. I love it after he has a bath and gets all lathered up and in his pajamas...mmm...yummy!!!!

*The way he is loved. Brad, Kaylee and Spencer can't get enough of him. Kaylee practically sits on me whenever I am feeding him and goes on and on in that weird "talking to baby" voice about how cute he is and how much she loves him. She always wants to help and whenever he cries she goes running around the house saying, "baby alert, baby alert!" Bradley is so great with Ty and as you can see from the pics, he LOVES to hold him, Kaylee and Spencer will hold him for a few minutes but Brad will hold him for much longer. He is the greatest help and never complains, even when he has to take out the diapers. Spencer is a little more reserved about the new baby (can you blame him) but he loves him so much and is always kissing on him. He says Tyler really cute, too, it sounds like "high toe." Whenever Ty cries Spencer tries to entertain him by acting silly and singing songs, it doesn't work that well to get him to stop but I am sure it will in the future, and, hey, it makes me laugh.

11 who goes there?:

JULENE said...

CAN I JUST SAY WHAT A CUTE LITTLE FAMILY YOU HAVE!!!!! TYLER IS THE SWEETEST THING....IT TAKES ME BACK TO WHEN THEY WERE ALL BABIES.......IT MAKES ME KINDA SAD THAT THEY HAVE GROWN UP SOOOOO MUCH. WE JUST HAVE TO TAKE EVERY STAGE AS A BLESSING AND AN ADVENTURE. THANKS FOR BLESSING OUR LIVES WITH GRANDKIDS:) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Jocelyn said...

Lys,
I just scrolled through all the comments on the last post and mine isn't on there! Aah! I have been around, I promise!
Baby /tyler is so beautiful. And I agree with your thoughts on lip quivers & baby smells. We're enjoying our share of them right now, too.
Love you! He's gorgeous.

heather said...

I'm so glad that you posted pictures. Ty is so dang cute it makes me want another one...seriously. But, it's still a little early.
I totally agree with you on the baby lotion thing. For some reason it's just not the same on us older kids. Can't wait to see you all and hold Tyler. love ya

Watt Family said...

Ahh I'm so glad you posted new pics cause everyone really needs to see handsome baby Ty! You have the cutest babies ever!

Letti said...

He is adorable. Little babies just bring a smile to everyone;s face. I love the way babies smell too. Your children are all adorable.

Nicole Williams said...

Wow I really want to hold him!! Seriously I can't wait to see that handsome boy when I come home next week!! Fair warning family I get to hold him for the majority of the weekend!! Love you Lysie

Micah and Jen said...

Oh he is just so precious! What a cutie.....and I was laughing at Kaylee....I can totally imagine her running around the house doing that! :) Glad things are going so well and that he is so loved.....how could he not be!?! He is simply adorable!!!

Corinne said...

I love it when they fall asleep on my chest! He's such a cutie.

christa said...

You go sista. . .a brand new baby, 3 other rugrats, a 6 foot 2 inch PIA, a rockin PP bod, yummy hair AND a sweet-memory/thought-photo-delightful packed blog! I'm proud of you!!

Highlights said...

I can tell he loves you too!

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

Alysia,

What a doll! I'm so glad you're enjoying him so much - those little newborn days pass far too quickly (as you know).

Also, I finally started a blog! I just love yours, so I added yours on my list- hope that you don't mind!

Mine is at ourbethsaida.blogspot.com

Love,
Rachel (Harper Fisher ... from High School :)