9/04/2009

Nerves!!!!!

I have that sick, nervous feeling that you get when you are about to do something you've never done before and you aren't sure exactly how you will get through it.
I am praying that I don't throw up, or pass out, or get hurt, or come in last, or chaffe, or trip, or get lost...tomorrow when I run my first HALF MARATHON!!!!!!
My stomach jumps every time I even think about it...calmness...niceness...calmness...niceness...calmness...

10 who goes there?:

JULENE said...

You GO Girl!!!!! We are so proud of you and all the work you have put into this. It's just like childbirth in a lot of ways....a few minutes of extreme nervousness and pain and then you are at the finish line=) Love Ya!!!

Unknown said...

The nerves leave the second the race starts! And who cares if you come in last. The only thing that matter is crossing that finish line. Just enjoy every moment and have fun. Make sure you lay everything out you need the night before so you are ready to GO GO GO.

Letti said...

I would be nervous too but I am sure you will do great. Good luck.

heather said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! I'm sure you will do fine though. You have been training so you are prepared.

By the way, let me know of any tips since i'm running mine in November. I'm kind of scared to do it. I already feel like you do right now.

Oh and here is a link to a really cool video that has kept my training going.

Love ya
Heather :

http://www.youtube.com/mormonmessages?gclid=CM7O0_We2ZwCFRHxDAodWDHGJQ#play/all/favorites-all/0/vIrGKB5nRKE

Shilo said...

YEAH!! for you!! You'll love it. I ran my first one in June...and it was amazing!! Good luck...don't start to fast and just enjoy it!!! It takes a lot of work to prep for it. I'm sure you'll do great. I can't wait to hear more about it!!!

Jocelyn said...

Lys, you are seriously amazing! See, I talk about doing those sorts of things and blog on about them for days on end and then never do them!

You are awesome and you've got a cheering section in Cache Valley!

Alysia Cook said...

Thanks everyone and thank you, Heather for the link to that message. You have all given me a much needed boost. I better go to bed now, even though I probably won't sleep much.

Jocelyn said...

How do I not have your email address?

Anyway, just wanted you to know I've thought about you so much today and have said a few little prayers for you.

How did it go?!!

Angie said...

Hey Lys! Did you run the Top of Utah? So did I!! I can't believe I didn't see you among the thousands that were there! Great Job! Hope it went well for you!

Jocelyn said...

How do I not have your email?

Anyway, thank you so much for the offer of the Aurora costume. The girls, however, have already completely set their minds on what they're being.

What's Kaylee being??