One appendics down...5 more to go. Since I have taken a substantial break from blogging I thought I should jump right back in by thanking all of our family and friends for being so AWESOME during Kaylee's surgery and by letting everyone know that she is doing amazingly well. I know an appendectomy isn't the most serious thing in the world, but it sure threw us for a loop. If there is anything I learned it's that you should shower first thing in the morning because you never know if your daughter is going to have an emergency surgery later that day. I am so grateful that I followed my instinct to take her in as well, there is a pretty good story to go along with why I took her in if anyone thinks, or cares, to ask me sometime (it's a little bit personal...and definitely a tender mercy). So we went in at about 11 on Monday morning and didn't go home until Tuesday night. She was totally spoiled by so many people and she loved it (the getting presents part, not so much the getting cut open part)!!! The greatest part for me was at about midnight when I was helping her get cleaned up and she looked at me and said, "Thanks for helping me so much, mom. I love you." It's those rare, sincere comments that make it all (and I mean ALL, like since the day she was born) worth while, I almost started to bawl the moment she said it. The whole experience helped me to reprioritize and just be thankful for times of good health and togetherness. I love this little girl of mine and she may never really know how much I love her.
as soon as they rolled her into the operating room she commented in her not-quite-under-anesthesia voice, "Oh, this doesn't look good!"




5 who goes there?:
Oh my goodness, I had no idea! Sweet girl. She is so cute in her hospital clothes.
Email me if you'd like. julierallen @ me . com
I can feel your pain! My 11 year old had her galbladder out a few days before Christmas! She was so sweet when I would help her with anything, "Thank you so much Mom for helping me" I kept saying sweety that's what Mommies do! I hope she is on the mend!!!!
Kim
LOL! My favorite pic is the one of Ty. I'm glad Kaylee is ok too ;o)
I'm glad everything went okay. I've often thought that about showering first thing--but so many times I don't and the ups man catches me in my pjs.
p.s. good to have you back.
Post a Comment