10/24/2007

Me, Myself, and I

Hey everyone, sorry I have been such a slacker lately with the blog. A lot has been going on this past month. Brad started basketball, Kaylee started dance, Spencer is continuing speech therapy which is going really well. We have traveled a little and had four birthday parties to attend. Anyway, about a month ago my friend Adrienne tagged me and apparently I am suppose to post a blog about myself because of it so here it goes:



Some of my peeves:


A messy house. BUT, it is too hard to keep it clean with 3 little ones and one very messy big one around so I tolerate it. Plus I am kinda lazy, sometimes I don't see the point in participating in something so futile.


Attitude. I get so much attitude around here from my offspring that sometimes I want to scream.


Not knowing what is going on. Collin's family has a MAJOR communication problem and sometimes it drives me to cuss.


Laundry. Will it ever cease...no.


Some of my favorite things:


My family of course. Collin, Brad, Kaylee and Spencer are my favorite people in the world!!!!! Hopefully they will continue to be, I am a little worried about the teenage years (especially with Miss Kaylee).


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (and dough).


Getting my hair done...or nails or toenails or face. Whenever someone else does those things it feels so nice and looks way better.


Dinner and a movie. I love going out with Collin or friends, or Collin and friends, and occasionally the kids, to dinner (I don't have to cook or clean) and a movie.

Maui, Hawaii. Okay, I have only been there once but I LOVED it. Coming from Idaho where it is nearly always cold can you blame me. I haven't been to a lot of places so I may find somewhere I like better in the future, but for now it is in the lead by a long shot.


Scrapbooking. I know this is so typical of an LDS housewife but I really do enjoy it. Last week I went on a retreat with nine of my favorite friends to Island Park and we scrapped until our fingers ached. It was so pretty!! It was snowing and we were on the lake (Christa if your reading this- Thanks!!). I got a lot done and I have posted some pictures of some of my layouts so you can see what I do for a creative outlet.












Some of the places I've been:


The first family trip I can remember is going to the Grand Canyon when I was in 5th grade. That was fun.


Seattle, WA - I met Magic Johnson when I was there and NO I didn't get HIV from shaking his hand. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that one.


Lake Tahoe, NV - That was fun, I remember playing night games with all of my cousins (bring back memories Chris, Nic, and Chels?).


Las Vegas, NV - I have been there enough in my life that it has lost it's appeal. Although, it was a trip to Vegas when Brad was 5 months old that was my first time on an airplane.


South Africa - I know that one is really random compared to all the other places. When I was pregnant with Kaylee, Collin won a trip to S. Africa. I was very pregnant (7 months) so the plane ride was killer, but we had the greatest time there. I hope to get to go again someday.


Orlando, FL - We did the Walt Disney World thing. This is also when I was pregnant with Kaylee (8 months) so again...plane ride killer. Collin had some business meetings so we made the most of it. I did go on the Tower of Terror even though I was encouraged not to which may explain why my daughter is so fearless.


Maui and Oahu - See above. This was especially nice because Kaylee was about 6 months old and she was a very sad baby, so I welcomed the break.


Huntington Beach, CA - Collin and I have been here twice in recent years mainly because of business meetings. It is fun. I especially enjoy the off time when I can just sit and read a book by the pool.


Orange County, CA - In January we took Brad and Kaylee to Disneyland and I think it was my favorite vacation ever because the kids had SO much fun and we got to leave the blustery winter of Idaho and enjoy much warmer weather, although it was still rainy there. I highly recommend it.



















Favorite Food - Shrimp

Favorite Dessert - Cheesecake

Favorite Movie - "The Color Purple", "Oh, Brother Where Art Thou"

Favorite Book - Cry, the Beloved Country

Favorite Sport - Volleyball

Favorite Quote - "Gratitude is not only the greatest of all virtues, but the parent of all the others." Winston Churchill

Favorite TV show - "The Office"

5 who goes there?:

Unknown said...

Dang girl you've been around!! You know what I mean!! Love you!!

Corinne said...

It's great to hear from you again! I had to laugh at your peeves! I guess you're safe since I don't think anyone in the Cook family reads blogs! At least not ours! I love that quote by Churchill.

Highlights said...

Alysia you are so talented and beautiful like a princess! I'm glad that you took the tag seriously. Blogging is important ;)

JULENE said...

I am so glad you did your own blog lys. You make a Momma proud.....even though none of your talents came from me.....You still are a gift from Heaven that I will always be GREATFUL for.

Anonymous said...

mum I can help with the laundry issue, send me your daughters dirty panties so I can go to bed and smell het lovely youngcunt at night