Bradley's Evening Performance
Bradley's Daytime Performance 

I love it when my kids have any kind of a chance to perform in front of people because it just makes me laugh and this week Brad and Kaylee had their Christmas Programs for school. Brad's was first and as you can tell from the pictures, he was not thrilled about it. They had two performances, one during school and another later that night. I couldn't make it to the earlier one but my friend Adrienne did and she took some pictures for me because Brad was so funny. He would NOT do any of the actions to the songs they sang, he just sang with his hands in his pockets the entire time. Afterwards his teacher asked him why he didn't do the actions and he told her that he thought they were dumb (so much for all my efforts at teaching my children tact), however, he did promise that he would do them for the evening show. What a promise that turned out to be, he made the least amount of effort possible in doing the actions and it was hilarious. He also managed to stay straight faced the whole time, not even a tiny little smile. I asked him later if he was nervous and he said no, he just wasn't that into it. So, we had a great time watching him get through that and can't wait till next year's program.
Kaylee, on the other hand, lives for this kind of thing. She has recently sung at our ward talent show and Christmas party. Her program for school was today and she ate it up. She enthusiastically sang all the songs and did all the actions. The funny thing was that if she noticed that I was about to take a picture she would stop everything and pose, so I got some great smiles from her but not a lot of action shots. She is a ham and we love it, and she loves it, too.

3 who goes there?:
Funny. I'm so glad Ethan is not quite to the "too cool" stage.
ha! I loved it too! Glad you got the pictures :)
It is hard to realize that my perfect Brad is turning into a very cool school kid.....It was a program that I will never forget!!! And Kaylee I am sure is headed to the big times with her talent. Just keep it going.
Post a Comment