1/07/2008

Christmas Holiday



Okay I realize that I have not posted for a long time and I apologize to anyone that has even noticed. We have been busy, of course, trying to get ready for Christmas and birthdays, it has been a crazy December! We had such a fun Christmas. The kids were in heaven and made us laugh constantly. On Christmas Eve we invited all our family over for dinner and games. We are in a bit of a unique situation in that my parents and my in-laws live in the same town as us and sometimes it is difficult to split our time between the two. So, this year we decided that we would stay home and everyone could come to us. Initially, when we broke the news, I think some were disappointed but it turned out great as far as I'm concerned. The kids love having people to entertain and Collin and I enjoyed not having to pack our kids all over town. So, on Christmas Eve we had everyone over and enjoyed each others company. The kids were giddy all night and finally after they opened one present (new pajamas) we sent them off to bed and played a fun game Nicole came up with that was sort of like charades. It was a lot of fun!!



The next morning Brad was up at 7:00 and we made him stay in our room for about 20 minutes until he just couldn't stand it anymore. We finally let him go wake up Kaylee and Spencer. Spencer was not ready to get up, in fact, once Brad woke him up he climbed out of his bed and into ours. But, once we got him in the living room and he saw all the presents he definitely found his first wind. He was so excited that he started to open anything he could get his hands on, we had to keep close tabs on him. Kaylee was so enthusiastic about every present she opened. As soon as she could tell what it was she would start making exclamations like, "Oh, it's just what I always wanted!" or "I love it so much!!!" and then she would hug whatever the present was. Bradley quickly found out that he got a Playstation 3 and pretty much just waited around until he could finally go play it. He was happy to open other presents, but he was especially excited about the gaming system (yes he's only 7, I know). Later that morning Collin's family came over and we had brunch and opened more presents. Then my family came over and we opened more presents. It was altogether a great day!!!

1 who goes there?:

Corinne said...

Glad you guys had a good Christmas.