3/19/2008

Spencer is Three


Spencer looking at me like I'm from outer space

Nicole really wanted a picture with Spencer, but he wasn't interested. He has now, however, started to call her Nut. She should feel special because he calls all his other aunts and uncles...well he doesn't call them anything he just points at them.
A little word about the cake, I was feeling creative but this cake made me grumpy. Every time I make my own cake I promise myself I will never do it again. I'm gonna have to stop watching "Ace of Cakes" on Food Network. Spencer loved it, though.



I really cannot believe how quickly the last three years have gone by, but they have and my Spencer is now three. He is a very fun three year old, mostly because being his mom is like living in a charades game. I am constantly trying to figure out what it is that he is saying to me, there is never a dull moment. My favorite, though, is when he points to his eye, then crosses his arms over his chest and then points to me - which means "I love you." He also insists on saying the dinner prayer every night which I can't even begin to describe but it is the cutest, funniest thing ever. He also has these amazing eyes that can either make you laugh instantly or melt your heart. So, back to his birthday. We had a fun day, partly because it was a Saturday and because my sister was here. We spent the day at Leo's Place, which was a zoo, and just played then that night we had our official party at our house. Spencer was in Heaven, he loved, loved, loved all of the attention and couldn't wait to open his presents. I have learned my lesson over the years and didn't give him any clothes for his birthday (they never care) so he loved everything he got, which mostly included Cars stuff and Thomas the Tank stuff. Needless to say, he has been very busy since then playing with everything and making me smile.

4 who goes there?:

Highlights said...

what a fun day! your cake was awesome--you did a great job! you're a great mama Alysia.

heather said...

Happy BIrthday Spencer!!! He is so big now and he is such a looker. You and collin make some good looking kids, but you already knew that :).
So I love your cake, you have always been one for crafts.
Well, we love you guys and can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!!

heather said...

Also, you look really pretty Lys. I just thought you should know that. Nice couches too.
Love,
Chris

Corinne said...

Happy b-day, Spencer! I think the cake looks great, and I'm sure Spencer loved it. I love his facial expressions!