I still need to do the binding around the edges, but I think it turned out cute.
Wow, I can't believe I have been such a slacker at this blogging thing...wait, I can believe it, I am kinda a slacker even though I really don't want to be. It's actually been a really crazy month. Best of all, my brother came to visit and I seriously hadn't seen him for 6 months. The only bad thing about seeing him is that it seems like every time I visit him (remember spring break 2007, Chris) or he visits me I tend to have an emotional breakdown. Maybe it's because I feel like I can really be myself around him or maybe I'm just a crazy lady. Anyway, I apologize to Chris, Heather, Nicole, Chelsea and especially Collin for my huge sobbing session that day, wait if I remember correctly, I had two sobbing sessions. Sorry, guys.
But, while they were here we had a lot of fun and the kids all got their pictures taken by Micha Wixom, she does an awesome job, this is her blog: http://wixomphoto.typepad.com/ for anyone that might like to check it out. I will post the pics she took of my kids later after I decide which ones I want, so stay tuned.
In milestone news, Spencer is now potty trained. This was a fun endeavor this month, and by fun I mean I almost lost my mind. I did good though and didn't give up so he is now staying dry all day, but he can't seem to go number 2 in the potty (gross). I am open to suggestions on that little problem...HELP!!!!!
I have also begun the nesting process that so far just includes doing a stitching project and making a quilt (see above pics). My nesting plans include:
*getting the carpets cleaned.
*painting the kitchen and hallway and maybe Kaylee's room. Luckily I don't have to paint the baby's room because it's boyish enough from last time.
*making a diaper bag out of some super cute fabric I found in Utah.
*getting the yard cleaned up because I don't want to worry about it after baby boy is here.
This is all I have on my mind at the moment, but it seems to change daily so we'll see what actually gets done and what gets put off till another time.
Well, that's all for this post but we have and exciting month coming up that includes:
*Kaylee's dance recital
*Brad and Kaylee's year end programs for school
*Kaylee's Kindergarten trip to the zoo
*Girl's Night hosted by yours truly
*A trip to Utah for Sam's baby blessing (thank you Sam for giving us a great reason to take a trip)
*life in general

4 who goes there?:
Lys, I am so stinking impressed! I haven't begun nesting yet and man do I need to!
As for #2, the only thing that worked for Chloe is buying a movie that she wanted really bad and hanging it up on the bathroom wall. As soon as she pooped in the toilet, she got to have the movie. After that first time, it wasn't an issue anymore. I think it would probably work with a toy, etc, too. The trick for her was actually seeing the real deal right in front of her and knowing it was hers if she just did that one thing. It was a huge motivator.
My nickel's worth of free advice...
Hi Alysia! Congrats on another little boy! We miss you guys...let's get together!
Cute quilt. Congrats to Spencer (and you) for the potty training. I'm glad he could do that before the baby. We're excited to see you guys this weekend!
No need to apologize for the cry. We love you no matter what, and plus I am always like that, even when i'm not pregnant. Ask chris...he won't lie. But we had fun and I love you tons.
Post a Comment