5/11/2008

What a Week...

Whenever Kaylee has makeup on it freaks me out because I feel like I am having a flash forward to what she will look like as a teen. I just want her to stay little.
Kaylee and her friends Riley and Kenadee
Our little star
Kaylee and Aunt Chelsea

Bradley totally faked this smile, he was not excited about being at a dance recital, he is all boy


The music was too loud for Spencer


We have had one busy week at our house, hence the lack of posts. Last Sunday we drove to Utah for my nephew Sam's blessing. It was so fun to get together! My kids LOVE playing with their cousins and I enjoy chatting with my sisters-in-law. It was a lot of fun, but I have no pictures because I didn't take my camera...oops.

Kaylee had her dance recital on Friday and Saturday, yes they have to do it two days in a row because there are so many little dancers that they can't fit the whole crowd in the gym on one night. So, we get to have two days of tons of curling, hairspraying, and putting makeup on. She had two practices this week and then the two days of performing...busy. She makes me laugh because she didn't try very hard to do her dance during the practices, but when it came right down to it she did awesome!! This is totally her personality, though, we usually don't think she is listening and then she surprises us. All of our family went to the Saturday performance, she loved having her aunts and grandparents there to support her. When she got done she got flowers from her dad and her preschool teacher, her Aunt Chelsea sent her flowers earlier in the day (Thank you Mrs. Deru and Chelsea). Kaylee loves flowers, in fact, I recently asked her what she wants to be when she grows up and she said, "a person who knows all about flowers and an artist." I have no tulips in my flower beds because she picks them and takes them to people like her teacher or her bus driver.

On Thursday I had Girls Night at my house. It's just a bunch of friends that get together for dinner, games, and of course chatting. It is so fun to get together, but it is a bit stressful to host. I always worry about my house being clean and everything looking perfect. I think this is funny because I know that my friends aren't my friends because of how clean my house is, but I can't help worrying about it.

On Saturday my kids went to the fairgrounds for Baby Animal Day with their Grandpa. I really appreciated him taking the kids for a few hours, it was so nice (Thanks Grandpa C.). I think that my family is trying to take pity on me since I waddle around so nicely. I am so grateful to have such a great family that I can always count on to help me out. My mom took my boys on Friday night so I could get Kaylee ready for night 1 of recital, that helped me out so much. Thanks to everyone!!!!

3 who goes there?:

heather said...

I wish we could have been there for kaylee's recital. It would have been so much fun. By the way, Kaylee is so beautiful. She is going to get all the boys when she is a teenager.
we love you tons:)

Ty and Annie Tanner family said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there. I miss dance so much! Kayley looked adorable.

Corinne said...

What a star! I love the picture of her doing her dance--she's a pro.

You should take pictures of your tulip leaves so you can remember that Kaylee picks the tulips to give to people. I tell my kids not to pick the flowers, but I think it's adorable that she does! If my boys picked them to give to someone it'd be different, but they just pick them, then pull the petals off and throw them all over.