

I don't like messes and I feel like I live in a pig pen, so when it first occurred to me that it was that time of year to carve pumpkins again I almost cried. Carving pumpkins is a high stress event for me, mostly because I end up doing pretty much all of the carving, either because the kids lose interest, get angry, or want something complicated carved into the pumpkin that requires mad skills. Plus it is so messy, and the smell of pumpkin guts sometimes makes me want to lose my lunch. Can you tell I am a big fan. So, we went the easy route this year and bought pumpkin tattoos and premade face parts that stick into the pumpkin. All in all it cost me about $7 for all that stuff and all of the pumpkins this year are home grown so I didn't have to spend any money on those. The kids actually enjoyed this just as much, or more, than carving. They still got to be creative, it took less time, and they were more involved because it took less time and supervision. Hooray. We did carve one pumpkin because Kaylee really wanted a kitty cat, but she was kind to let the boys use most of the other stuff because she knew she was asking a lot to have a special kitty pumpkin. We had fun, so, I won't get the award for most creative and involved mom, but, really, it's all about survival...right? Am I right, or am I right!!!!


8 who goes there?:
BOO!!
What cute little pumpkins...oh and the jack-o-lanterns are pretty cute too!!!!
I love this idea. can I please have this idea and safe me a trip to the ER next time!(you can read it on the blog)
Those look great. Ethan (I mean Brian) did a storm trooper. It looks cool, but Ethan didn't get to help much because it was too tricky for him. I'm all for cool carvings, but I want my kids to be able to do as much on their own as they can. BTW, Joshua was looking at the pictures with me and he pointed to Bradley and said, "He's my buddy."
Amen & Amen. We hven't even bought any pumpkins yet...
You are absolutely right - the will to survive wins!!! I could not agree more and I love the pumkins. They're even cuter in real life. Great work Mom and kids! Love, Grandma Cook PS Spencer is the cutest ghost ever and he IS great to have around.
What a great idea!
I actually tried to talk my kids into just buying the pumpkins and setting them out...I guess it's not halloween if I don't end up with sticky pumpkin guts to my armpits and seeds all over the house.
Post a Comment