4/04/2009

One of my FAVORITES!!!!



Spencer turned 4 a couple of weeks ago...no kidding...4.
He is such a fun little guy and I thought that in honor of him turning 4 I would blog about his 4 most endearing qualities, at least according to me:

The way he talks:
I love it that when he asks me if he can watch a movie it sounds like this: "Mom, me want to watch a nudie." It is impossible not to giggle when he says that. Recently my dad was teasing him and calling him a monkey and Spencer got upset and said, "Me not actin yike a nunkey hoopid Papa!!" Hilarious, I know.
I am so glad that he is making so much progress with his speech therapy, but I am really going to miss the wrong way he says things.


He LOVES his Papa and Mwa:
Whenever any of his grandparents come over he loves to play with them and they can never leave without him asking if he can go with them. Sometimes he will stand in front of the door so they can't leave and he'll look at them with those sad-puppy eyes. Needless to say, he gets to go with them a lot...little devil.

He loves cookies as much as I do:
Sadly for my waistline, Spencer asks almost every day if we can make "hookies" and, as indicated previously, he is hard to resist. He is at that perfect age for helping with that because he is old enough to pour ingredients in without spilling and he will still listen to me (I know, I know, this won't last for too much longer). I really love baking with him, it's kinda our thing, and I love it!!!

He is easy goin:
He is my much needed relaxed, fun kid. My older two are a little high strung so Spencer is like a sigh of relief for me. Yes, he gets upset like any normal kid, but he just goes with the flow most of the time and I am so grateful. He is just such a blessing and I love him!!!
Happy Birthday, Henta!!

The cake...dun, dun, dun!!! He wanted Spongebob, so he got Spongebob. Thanks to Auntie Kristen for helping me, it was actually a fun cake to make.
(are you proud of me Adrienne?)



Aunt Hotsy and Uncle Herrik (Chelsea and Terrik) gave Spencer this card with money on it and he liked it so much that he wanted a picture of everyone at the party with it. He took the pictures himself, check it out:

Lastly, I couldn't resist putting in a baby picture. Around each of my kids' birthdays I inadvertently end up looking at old pictures of them and it makes me all sentimental and such. He was such a beautiful baby, it is hard to believe he is 4 now, I sure love this bug!!!!


8 who goes there?:

Jocelyn said...

First of all, totally rad cake. You are so good!

Second, Spencer is such a cutie. It's so great to have a mellow one.

Third, Love You!!!!

heather said...

Happy Birthday "Peppa"! Love the reason why you love him....We are still laughing about them.
We love you guys...wish we could have held the card for a picture.

Watt Family said...

I'm lovin' the fact that our last minute birthday gift ended up being a hit! Unfortunately, every time Spencer sees us from now on, I think Terrik and I will both be asked if we have "any nuney"! :) Who can resist your absolutely adorable Henta?! We love you guys!

Highlights said...

I was just going to say...Alysia YOU are SO good at cake decorating and then I saw my name!! Yes I am proud of you and I love the Sponge Bob cake!

The Cook Book said...

I love Henta too!!!

christa said...

Happy Birthday Henta. . .love Atta.

Lys, LOVE the cake and I love the post. . .you are, clearly, a rock star!

Corinne said...

I love that photo of Spencer--did you take it? We love Fisser too, as Joshua calls him. I know what you mean about not wanting the way they speak to change. He is such a great kid. As always, I wish we lived closer! (Then we could hang out and watch nudies together!)

Heather Sellers said...

Hey I found your blog! Spencer is so cute! gotta love him!