8/05/2010

Feeling discouraged

I am more than a little miffed about the overturning of Prop 8 in California. At first I was sad that a judge would be so bold as to decide against what the people voted for. Why even vote if the courts are going to decide what is best for our country?

And then I learned that the judge is a homosexual man! What the...he never, ever should have taken on a case that was so personal to him. There is no way that he could have been unbiased in his decision making. I am so angry, I feel like we have a government that has no interest in what the people want. Ugh, I really need to calm down, I'm going for a walk...

2 who goes there?:

heather said...

I didn't know he was homosexual? Yeah, I think that is kind of messed up. He was being biased to his own personal feelings. I feel ya on this one.

Heather Sellers said...

I was made for the very two same reasons. Someone commented on an article about it and said that no one would have ever left a conservative catholic vote on the issue, but for some reason they let this man do it. I completely agree. Hopefully the supreme court appeal works!