9/10/2010

Another Year of the First Day of School

Did this summer fly by or what...I am still (two weeks later) in shock that school is already going...WHAT!!!!
Brad started 4th grade this year, which just makes me feel old. I mean, I vividly remember being in 4th grade. My teacher was Mrs. Arbon and she had a bent pointer finger. Funny the things we remember, I always thought she had a bit of a witchy essence about her, even though she was nice, it must have been that bent finger. I digress...
Kaylee started 3rd grade and I CANNOT believe how much she grew up this summer. She is not a little girl anymore, which makes me a little sad. She wants to do her own hair and she informed me recently that her bedroom is "kinda too little girlish." At least now I have a new project, but I know I need to let her be very involved so she likes it. Maybe it's because she is my only girl but I am sort of in mourning that there will be no more magical little girlness hangin around.

Yes, she really is that much taller than him, and he doesn't like it one bit!!
Spencer's first day of Kindergarten
He has been beyond excited to start Kindergarten this year. It didn't help that the older kids started a week before he did, every day he would ask if it was his turn yet.
So the pictures are a funny story:
We were outside waiting for the bus easily 30 minutes before it was suppose to arrive. Once we were outside, we took the typical "first day of school photo" then after about 10 minutes he got BORED, so I channeled my inner Austen Powers and started shooting silly pictures of him. Needless to say, he got into it and had himself a good ole time. He makes me laugh!!!!











...Now it's just me and Ty the Terrible for 3 whole hours a day. I love this little PB&J face, we're going to have a great time!!!


5 who goes there?:

Brian and Kayla said...

Wow your kids have gotten so much bigger than I remember them! They are so cute! Melissa will be so surprised! Although I'm sure she has seen many pics.

Courtney and Tyson said...

Wow they are getting so big! So cute!

Jocelyn said...

I cannot believe how much Kaylee looks like Melissa. It's freaky. And adorable.

I haven't seen a picture of Ty in a long time -- can't believe how much he's grown up.

And I'm starting to love school. It's so fun for the kids and way more laid back for me. Win Win.

Corinne said...

So the first thing I said when I saw this post was, "Whoa! Ethan, come and see how much taller Kaylee is than Bradley!" Then I said, "Well, maybe she's wearing heels, or something." Then I read your comments. Don't tell Bradley I said that! Such cute silly pictures of Spencer!

heather said...

Seriously, your kids just keep changing. I feel like they look older than from the summer! YAy for school!